Thursday, March 10, 2011

What's on Your Chalkboard?



I made this a little bit ago and I love it.  It's not just a chalkboard, but it is also magnetic!  My poor girls thought it would be one for them to write and play on.  I'm keeping this one.  It's in my kitchen where I spend a lot of my time.  It's so easy, I can make them one for each of their rooms.



Eventually I am going to add three hooks for our girly aprons.  And like I said it is magnetic.  I have some fancy old broaches and a few letters from scrabble that I am planning on making into magnets.  Eh, work in progress is my lifestyle.  I just like having a place that can bring me back to focus.  A place when the world around me swirls in the hustle and the chaos, I have a reminder of what my focus should be.

So easy and inexpensive.  I was at a local craft store and picked up the frame on clearance.  Went over to Home Depot into the plumbing section and got a sheet of metal (very sharp metal).  Grabbed some chalkboard paint and viola!  Well there are better step-by-step instructions over here at  Less than Perfect of Life of Bliss.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment